Church on the Green @ 10am
Rob will be leading interactive Bible Study and prayer as last week. You’ll be able to join online or via a standard phone call as follows:
Priory Street – joint service @ 10am
This Sunday we will have the opportunity to share bread and wine together in Communion. “At least”, says Rob, “I’m going to call it bread and wine – but of course, these are symbols, so if you don’t have wine, or you’d prefer not to use wine, or if you don’t have bread – find the nearest thing you have, and God is big enough to deal.
Afterwards we’ll be meeting together in small groups so check with your LIFE group leader or use the contact form if you’re not part of one but would like to join in.
Our Children’s Worker Rhiannon has launched a whole channel just for you guys with a range of target ages. All will be live on the CBC Junior Church channel in the morning.
Live Prayer Event
Each Wednesday and Sunday at 7pm, Lunn Green will be hosting a live prayer event. This is a great way to feel connected to the wider family at a time when many of us are isolated and under pressure. Please use this link (https://www.baptist.org.uk/Groups/338268/Prayer_broadcasts.aspx) to connect to the event.
Message from our Church Treasurer
As we adjust to the widespread changes at the moment, one area we felt ought to be discussed is finances. For some, there may be significant loss of income due to the enforced closure of so many activities. In that case we completely understand that you may need to reduce or stop your giving to the church for a while, and possibly suspend your Gift Aid declaration too. There may even be those who need to receive help from their brothers and sisters. For others, your income remains steady and predictable. If that is the case, please remember that the church’s expenses remain largely unchanged so please do continue to give. Finally, if you are used to giving via the collection bag or through the envelope schemes on Sunday – and you are in a position to do so – would you please consider setting up on line standing orders or bank transfers to the CBC account below? And, if you are a UK tax payer and have not completed a Gift Aid declaration in favour of CBC, then do please consider this too, as your donation would be enhanced by 25% by HMRC without any further cost to yourself. Roger H (in the directory) would be pleased to help resolve any questions that you might have.
1. Rooted – This group runs weekly on Wednesday evenings virtually, and is an opportunity for the young people (year 8+) to catch up and dig into the Bible together. Time: 7.15 – 8.45pm.
2. Deeper – This study group runs fortnightly on Friday afternoons virtually, and is made up of older youth/young leaders (by invitation).
3. Connect – This group launched Friday evening virtually, and is for (year 7’s). It is an opportunity for the young people to enjoy some fun social interaction, as well as focus in on God through prayer and Scripture. Time: 6.30-7.45pm
4. Impact – A youth club that runs weekly on Sunday evenings virtually, where the young people can come together online, hang out, have fun, & deepen friendships. Time: 7.15 – 8.45pm.
5. WEEKLY CHALLENGE – This is an online What’s App group that launched last week to help those who struggle with the discipline of reading the Bible (or whose routine has simply been thrown by Covid-19) to be accountable to each other in feeding ourselves, and share insights to feed and encourage each other. It involves reading a chapter of Scripture a day on weekdays (with weekends for catch up, if necessary). And then Dan uploads a short reflection of his own on his reading of the passage in the evening. This has been open to youth, ex-youth and youth leaders and trialled with 1 Peter (which has five chapters).
However, if this is something that you would benefit from, or you would like to know more about how it operates, should you decide to run your own group with friends or life groups, please feel free to get in touch with me. I would perhaps discourage anyone with their own system from joining, because it can overload and ruin our own devotional routines, (unless a group existed to share reflections with each other of own devotions – though this could be achieved in a what’s app group at congregational level).
To get in touch about this, or any of the youth ministry at CBC at this time, please contact Dan O (email and phone number in the directory).
- There are periodic devotions from Eddie and others published through the week and we are going to send out email notifications from now on.
- Look out for Eddie’s Good Friday message which will be on the CBC YouTube channel.
- Midweek service next week…watch this space!