Details of our Covid-secure measures now that we have moved into Step 4 of the Government Roadmap (from Monday 19th July) are on our website. Key points are:
- you must not attend if you have any Covid symptoms – a new cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell ;
- you must inform us if you receive a positive Covid test within 14 days of attending ;
- you will be asked to sign-in for test and trace purposes
If you would like to receive the weekly notices via email and don’t already do so, please contact Cathy S. To maximise delivery please add info (at) corshambaptists.org to your address book and check your spam folders.
Notices are also published on the Church homepage, typically early evening on Fridays.
Sunday 10am @ Church on the Green
CotG are meeting at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as online now. All details are at: https://www.churchonthegreen.online/event/10am-sunday-service-online/. Or Join Now
Sunday 10am @ Priory Street
Please do not park on Priory Street but in the town car parks. This has been a long-standing policy out of consideration to our neighbours on Priory Street and we have once again upset them this week.
- Priory Street joint service Come along, no booking needed or Watch here. Worship will be led by Matt G, intercessions by Shirley and Eddie will preach from Mark 8:22-33
- Junior Church: We will continue to meet in the garden at 10am for worship together before splitting in to 2 teaching groups; a younger group that will be for children up to year 3 and an older group for years 4 to 6. We will run two separate groups providing there are enough children in each group to make it viable. You will be able to leave your child with us and join in the service in the sanctuary. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to speak to Rhiannon to find out about serving in Junior Church, if you want to know more about children’s work Rhiannon can be found in the garden.
Sunday 6pm @ Priory Street
This week marks the return of our Praise Evening led by Nancy and the band… Jonathan G will offer a brief word from Scripture to encourage our praise and worship, and Joan C will share a testimony of God’s faithfulness during Lockdown.
The next Midweek Service is this Wednesday, 29th September at 2pm.
A note from the [CBC] Treasury
The Treasury Team have started the process to close down the accounts for the year ended 31 August 21.
If you have any outstanding expenses claims for costs incurred during the financial year just ended, please could you ensure that the claim along with the supporting paperwork reaches Roger before Thursday 30 Sep 21. Claims forms are available in either electronic or paper form, and claims may be submitted by email, by post through the church letterbox or Roger’s letterbox at home, or left in The Treasurer’s box in the office at Priory Street.
Church meeting @ Priory Street
There will be a Church meeting on 20th September at 8pm. Can we encourage you to attend if you are part of our fellowship as this is a key opportunity to let you know what is happening as well as to discern (and vote) God’s will on a variety of subjects. All are welcome. However if you are not yet a member but consider this your home church please ask about becoming one.
Special service on 26th Sept @ The Corsham School
Eddie’s last service as Senior Pastor will be on 26th September at 11am, at The Corsham School. There will be junior church provided. Please book in via EventBrite so we can manage numbers. Also, please be warned that the Corsham 10K has been rescheduled for that day so parking both in town and within the school itself is likely to be challenging.
There will be no meetings at Priory Street or in Rudloe on this day.
Souper Friday are planning to return to welcoming people into the Hall
The Souper Friday team have exciting plans and have called for your help – read more here.
Mums and Tots…
…are getting together again now. We are in need of more helpers for our Toddler session on a Thursday morning from 10-11.30. You could either help with set up/clearing away, during the session, some of it or all of it! Get in touch with Heather C (in the directory or through the office) if you’d like to serve in this way.
Ark on the farm
After the success of the ‘Ark on the Farm’ in June we thought that we’d start the term with another one! (This won’t happen every time). Saturday 25th September 10.30am at Upper Castle Combe farm.
We’re planning that there will be tractor rides again. And the normal craft, puppets, Bible story and songs but this time could you please bring a packed lunch, drinks, possibly something to sit on and some colouring pens.
Obviously it’s weather dependent so we need to pray for good weather!!
Please book a ticket for everyone attending so we know numbers. Here’s the link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ark-on-the-farm-2-tickets-169705835723
Women’s Bible Study
A reminder that our warm welcome awaits you at Women’s Bible Study on Monday 27th September starting at 7.30pm at Priory Street.
Audio visual team
On Saturday 9th Oct (not 25th as previously notified!) Ben and Tim will be offering to show you through the use of the sound desk and / or broadcast studio that together deliver sound to the room, to the people at home and to the long tail of people who come across these things on the internet. Come to either or both as you wish, though it would be helpful if you could let one of us know.
No pre-requisite skills are required beyond enthusiasm.
- 10:00 Sound desk. Even if you have used the sound desk pre-pandemic it would be helpful for you to come and see the tweaks made since.
- 10:45 Coffee (or tea!)
- 11:00 Stream. And because that is too easy on its own, projection of lyrics.
We work in a team of three, one sound, one stream and one co-ordinator. So don’t worry, you will not be thrown into a rota to sink or swim, we’ll follow up with on-the-job training.
And if you’re interested but can’t make this day, speak to anyone on the desk at the back of church next time you’re there.
- Souper Friday continues to reach out to our community and neighbours
- Community Money Advice is handling work remotely, but do get in touch if you are aware of or are having money difficulties ;
- Small groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – Contact Dan for further details
Please send items for next week’s notices to Cathy S by 12 noon on Wednesday