Notices for Sunday 16th October
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Steve L will bring the Word from 1 Peter 5: 1-14 and intercessory prayers will be led by Jo S. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Gathered to Praise – Sunday at 6pm
It would be lovely to see you all at our monthly praise service this Sunday. “There’s something about profound biblical truth about God, mingled with beautiful tunes, that is uniquely effective in the soul of a human being.” (John Piper)
Church members’ meeting – Monday 17th October
All who attend a CBC congregation are welcome to the Church Meeting at 8pm on 17th October. During the meeting we will be voting on nominations for the role of safeguarding deacon, and hearing an update on the search for an Associate Pastor. The agenda and supporting papers will be available at church on Sunday morning or you can read and download them here. If you are unable to attend, please give your apologies in advance to Ruth in the office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kenya team Gift Day – 23rd October
A team from CBC will be heading to Kenya on 25th November to run the children’s programme at AIM’s Eastern Region conference. This will enable missionaries who serve in Kenya and Tanzania to attend the conference knowing their children are in good hands and being equally blessed with good teaching and time to relax and have fun. As a church we want to support the team with our prayers and we will be commissioning them at a service later in the autumn. Before that though, there is the opportunity to bless them by assisting them with the costs of the trip. The 23rd of October is designated as a Gift Day and you can give in the following ways:
- Bank transfer to CBC’s account:
Account Name: Corsham Baptist Church
Account Number: 03123488
Sort Code: 09-01-54
Important – Use Reference: KENYA22
- Cash or cheques (made out to Corsham Baptist Church) should be enclosed in one of the brown envelopes marked “Kenya22” that you can pick up from the table at church, and placed in the offering box. Alternatively, if you can gift aid your donation, please use one of the yellow envelopes on the table and mark it “Kenya22”.
To find out more about the trip, please speak to Rhiannon.
Light Party 2022!
Please join us for our annual Light Party on Monday 31st October from 5pm – 7pm. Volunteers and helpers are needed on the night, before and after the event. We will be clearing the chairs from the sanctuary after the 11.15 service on Sunday 30th Oct so please stay and help if you can. We really need help to move the chairs back after the event too – this is usually the most difficult part of running this event as we don’t have much help to do this. Please come from 7.30pm onwards (on Monday 31st) to move the chairs back if you are available – many hands make light work as they say!
We will need helpers on the night to supervise children, sign in a register for the event, serve refreshments and man the kitchen. Calling all bakers too: if you are able to bake a cake, biscuits or savoury snacks please let Rhiannon know. Above all, please pray for this event and all the children who will be attending, that they may really learn about Jesus, the Light of the World.
Our dear sister Dot passed away peacefully on 22nd September. A thanksgiving service for her life will be held on Monday 24th October at 12pm at St Michael and All Angels church in Twerton, Bath, and all those who knew Dot are very welcome to attend.
News from Miriam Fry
Miriam (the daughter of Ben & Ruth Fry) is currently training with South West Youth Ministries. She has just completed her first month of training, which included time spent at Lee Abbey and sharing the Gospel on the streets of Exeter. Miriam says, “I spoke to a mother and son from China who, although identifying as Buddhist, let me pray for them after having a chat about God.” Miriam is now living in Bristol and attending St Michael’s in Stoke Gifford. She has visited a number of schools with the church and been involved with a couple of harvest assemblies. You can read her full newsletter here.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless other notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.