Notices for Sunday 20th November
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Rob D will bring the Word from Exodus 24:1-12 and worship will be led by Dave and Debbie. Intercessory prayers will be led by Jo S. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
We will be sharing communion at the services on Sunday. We will also have the opportunity to pray for the team that is going to Kenya to run the children’s programme at AIM’s Eastern Region conference.
Gathered to Praise – Sunday evening at 6pm
How uplifting it is when believers join together to worship the Lord, a foretaste of heaven! Please do join us on Sunday evening for our monthly praise service, led by Nancy S and Matt G.
Eric Seager‘s thanksgiving service
All who knew Eric are warmly invited to attend the thanksgiving service for his life on Monday 21st November at CBC, starting at 2pm. Refreshments will be served in the coffee hall afterwards. It was Eric’s special request that those attending do not need to wear black. We will be broadcasting the service via Zoom for those who are unable to attend in person and the link is below :
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 811 2214 1571
Midweek service – Wednesday 23rd November
Please join us at 2pm for our midweek service, when David M will be bringing us the Word. Refreshments will be available afterwards.
Men’s Ministry – Pizza evening 25th November
The Men’s Ministry Team is hosting an evening of food and fellowship with a testimony from our brother, Terry Pollard, on Friday 25th November at CBC, not at the Priors’ farm as previously stated. Tickets are £7pp to cover the cost of the pizza (payment will be taken on the night). Please register your place on Eventbrite here. Please let Tom Bailey or Ian Holmes know if you have any dietary requirements and we look forward to seeing you on the 25th!
The Ark – Saturday 26th November
We would love to see you at The Ark. a fun and interactive service for primary school-aged children, which will be held at Priory Street from 10.30am-12pm. Join us for songs, crafts, Bible stories and puppets! Register your child via Eventbrite here.
We are very grateful to Ian Holmes for serving as interim Safeguarding Trustee for the past year. As you may be aware, Elspeth Pitman was appointed as Safeguarding Trustee at our last church meeting. This leaves a vacancy in the Safeguarding team and we are therefore looking for an additional volunteer with the relevant experience to join the team. Please see the job description here. Please get in touch with Elspeth at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to express an interest.
Let’s get ready to reach out this Christmas… Hope Explored taster sessions
We’re praying that God will use our Christmas events to reach those who don’t yet know Him. Individual events are brilliant as first points of contact, but we want to offer more than that and get to know people better. So, at these events, we’ll be offering the Hope Explored course (which we’ll be running in January). Invitations are always better when they’re made personally, and those invitations will be a lot more effective if we already have a good idea of what the course is like.
To help us get to know the Hope Explored course, Rob D is running a taster session at Priory Street on Sunday 27th November, at 6pm, and again on Wednesday, 30th November at 10am. Come along and find out how it works, so you can tell people what it’s like. Additionally, if you would like to explore this material in your LIFE groups, let Rob D know and we’ll help you get started.
Women’s Bible Study – Monday 28th November
Ladies, please note in your diaries our next Bible study when Sharon will be sharing from James 1: 19-27. Study buddy notes can be found here, and copies are also available on the table at Priory Street.
Ladies Christmas Meal – Monday 5th December at 7.30pm
Ladies, a warm welcome awaits you at CBC for this Christmas meal with friends new and old. Come and join us as we celebrate this special time of year: hearing from the Word, fellowshipping together and enjoying a delicious Christmas dinner. Tickets are £12 per person (payable on the night) to help cover the food costs, but please speak to Anne H, Christine C or Vicki K if this is a hindrance to you coming; we want everyone to be able to come! You can book your place via Eventbrite by clicking here.
Please let Anne, Christine or Vicki know of any allergies or dietary requirements before the night so we can make sure these are catered for.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Craft Group: if you enjoy crafting come and join us on the first Saturday of the month (unless otherwise notified) from 10am-12.30pm at Priory Street. Please bring your own craft project to do.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 9am. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.