Notices for Sunday 30th July
9.15 at Priory Street
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Rob D will bring the Word from Romans 1-3 and worship will be led by Adrian & Jo. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning (Sat 29th)
Please join Wendy R tomorrow morning as she leads a prayer walk around Corsham, focusing on our plans for the new works in Corsham & Rudloe/Neston. We will set off from CBC Priory Street at 8.30am.
Youth & Children’s Trainee
We are delighted to announce that we have a recruited a SWYM (South West Youth Ministries) trainee for the next year, starting in September. His name is Scott and he will be kindly hosted by the Mortimers. Please do pray for him as he prepares to make his move down to us, and please make him feel welcome when he comes in September to join the team. There will be a Sunday lunch rota coming round in the coming weeks to give you the opportunity to sign up to hosting Scott for lunch to get to know him.
Midweek service – Weds 2nd August
Come along on Wednesday at 2pm for our fortnightly midweek service. Steve Lancaster will be bringing us God’s word from John 13: 1-17 and refreshments will be served afterwards.
Ben Francis (BMS) – Sunday 6th at 5pm
We’re looking forward to welcoming Ben Francis, our mission partner serving with BMS in India, to CBC next Sunday. You will be able to meet him at the morning service at Priory Street. Then from 5pm we’ll have a longer opportunity to meet him and learn about his disciple-making ministry as he shares with us. We’ll start with refreshments and follow with his presentation. He’s come a long way to meet us to let’s encourage him by being there! There will be an opportunity to give a financial gift at the evening service that will go towards supporting Ben in his ministry. Cakes and biscuits are also needed for the refreshments.
Pray for mission & the persecuted Church – Tues 1st Aug
There’s another opportunity to learn about CBC’s mission partners and pray for their needs at our monthly mission prayer meeting next Tuesday. It will be held on Zoom (details below) from 8pm.
Meeting ID: 961 0065 2312
Please pray especially for Joe Rowe who will be serving on an AIM mission team next week. The team will be working with a city-centre church in the Midlands which is reaching out to the community around it, the majority of whom are from North Africa.
Services at Priory Street in August
Just a reminder that throughout August the two morning congregations at Priory Street will combine into one and meet at 10.30am. The congregation at Church on the Green will meet at 10am as normal.
CBC Youth – DTI summer camp
Please pray for the young people (22 of them) as they participate in their annual camp at Stafford showground. They arrive tomorrow, 29th July, and return Thursday 3rd Aug. Please pray that they would deepen relationships with each other and with God.
Minibus driver needed for Souper Friday
If you have some spare time on Friday mornings to drive the church minibus bringing people to Souper Friday, please speak to Colin W. Thank you.
Summer Holiday Club at Priory Street – 21-24 August
Help is needed for this event, catering, serving refreshments, leaders, helpers, worship band and registration. Please speak to Rhiannon if you can help out or would like to know more. Sign up sheets and more information is on the board at the back of church. Book your free places at: https://CBC-holiday-bible-club-2023.eventbrite.co.uk
Ordination and Induction – Saturday 23rd Sept
Please mark in your diaries the 23rd September – this is the day that our new Associate Pastor, Adam Jacques, will be ordained and inducted into ministry here at CBC. The service will start at 2pm at Priory Street and will be followed by refreshments.
Streaming/Projection Software Update 5th August
Ben R would like to let those who assist with streaming and projection at Priory Street know that on 5th August the software on the streaming and projection PCs will be updated to OBS Studio – v29.1.3 and OpenLP – v 3.0.2. If you have these software applications installed at home (particularly OpenLP), in order to pre-prepare services you may want to upgrade your software on or around the same date.
Our friends at Webnet (West of England Baptist Network) are looking for a part-time Operations Manager. You can find out more about the role and how to apply by clicking the link here.
Additionally, Emmaus School, a small Christian school near Trowbridge, is seeking a Special Needs Co-ordinator from September. For more information please click the link here.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.