Notices for Sunday 6th August
Church on the Green
Join us at 10am in the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe as well as on Zoom. Adam J will bring the Word from Psalm 33 and worship will be led by Dave M. Click here to join on Zoom. Meeting ID: 951 8111 0275 Passcode: 559184
Our Sunday services at Priory Street are live-streamed/recorded on our YouTube channel. If you would prefer not to appear on screen, you’re advised to sit in or under the balcony.
Prayer walk tomorrow morning (Sat 5th)
Please join David Matthews tomorrow morning as he leads a prayer walk around Neston, focusing on our plans for the new works in Corsham & Rudloe/Neston. We will set off from the Memorial Hall in Neston at 8.30am.
Ben Francis (BMS) – Sunday 6th at 5pm
We’re looking forward to welcoming Ben Francis, our mission partner serving with BMS in India, to CBC on Sunday. You’ll be able to meet him at the morning service at Priory Street. Then from 5pm we’ll have a longer opportunity to meet him and learn about his disciple-making ministry as he shares with us. We’ll start with refreshments and follow with his presentation. He’s come a long way to meet us to let’s encourage him by being there! There will be an opportunity to give a financial gift to support Ben in his ministry – please use the marked envelopes provided. If anyone can provide cakes and biscuits for the refreshments that would be appreciated.
Monthly Mission Update
The mission update for this month is now available to pick up from the table at the back of church. Please do read it as it will help you in your prayers for our mission partners.
Work in the coffee hall
New skirting boards will be fitted in the coffee hall on Monday and Tuesday next week so please bear this in mind if you are coming into church on those days.
Summer Holiday Club at Priory Street – 21-24 August
Help is still needed for this event in the areas of catering, serving refreshments, leaders, helpers, worship band and registration. Please speak to Rhiannon if you can help out or would like to know more. Sign up sheets and more information is on the board at the back of church. Book your free places at: https://CBC-holiday-bible-club-2023.eventbrite.co.uk
Ordination and Induction – Saturday 23rd Sept
We’re excited for Adam Jacques’ Ordination and Induction service on 23rd September. This will be a very special occasion for Adam and Lorna, and our church family. We hope you and your loved ones will be able to join us!
But also, there are many opportunities to be part of this celebration – in set up, hospitality, catering support, serving communion and more! If you can give your time to help, please speak to Hollie or send her an email to talk about what help is needed: email@example.com.
SAT-7 is a Christian satellite TV and digital media ministry based in Chippenham, broadcasting across the Middle East and North Africa. They are currently seeking a number of people to join their team, in communications, advocacy, fundraising and church engagement. All details can be found at www.sat7uk.org/work-with-us. For further information contact SAT-7 on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01249 765865. (Ruth in the church office worked for SAT-7 for several years so you can also speak to her to find out more about this ministry!)
A polite request. for those whose ministries produce waste/recycling: please include emptying the bins in the kitchen as part of your clear-up routine, ready for the next ministry activity (and remember that bin liners cannot be put into the blue recycling bins). Many thanks.
- Community Money Advice is open for face-to-face meetings each Thursday evening and Friday morning. Do get in touch if you would like help and advice in this area. Pre-booked appointments only.
- Prayer for Missions & the Persecuted Church: the first Tuesday of every month, 7.45pm on Zoom. Contact the office for login details.
- Women’s Bible Study: we meet on the last Monday every month from 7.30pm.
- Souper Friday Café: Friday mornings from 10am-2pm. Come and enjoy a free drink, cake and soup. Open for help with food items to take away too. Speak to Colin W, Esther A, Joan C or Jo S for more information.
- Ark Children’s Service: last Saturday of the month 10:30am-12:00pm during term-time only.
- Mum’s Bible Study: Monday mornings between 9.30am-11.30am (term-time only). For more information speak to Christine C or Vicki K.
- Toddlers: Thursdays 10:00am-11:30am during term-time only.
- FLAGS (Fun Learning About God and Scripture): Wednesdays at 4.30-5.30pm during term time. For Primary School-aged children.
- Hang out: a fun fellowship group for KS2 children, meeting on the second Sunday of the month from 4.00-5.30pm.
- Life groups meet in person and/or online. Contact us if you’d like to join one.
- Youth Groups – contact Dan for further details.
Please send items for next week’s notices to Ruth at email@example.com by 12 noon on Wednesday.